Firewood Processor Plans
Hydraulical Firewood Processor with hydraulic chainsaw
Build Your Own Firewood Processor
Why buy a firewood processor when you can build a complete processor for about the same price?
Why pay nearly $10,000 dollars for a firewood processor when you can make your own for approximately $2500?
The plans offered are for building a firewood processor. This machine is a hydraulically operated processor. The completed machine loads the log, cuts the log, and splits the round into 4 pieces. The operator need only roll the log onto the log loader, roll the log off of the log loader, then operate a hand crank and hydraulic levers.
Finished Firewood Processor Specifications
- Overall Length: 13 feet
- Estimated Weight: 1400 pounds
- Cutting Table Length: 8 feet
- Log Diameter Capacity: 20 inches
- Firewood Length: up to 20 inches
- Productivity: Approximately 1 cord every 3 hours depending on diameter.
Basic Firewood Processor Operation
- Prime Power = Engine is a 10 HP small gas engine (larger could be used to increase speed and efficiency)
- Cutting = Hydraulically powered chainsaw
- Welder, Cutting Torch, Drill Press (or Heavy Hand Drill)
- Hand Grinder and Cut Off Saw are helpful but not necessary
Firewood Processor Plan Details
- The plans are in PDF format
- Plans include detailed, step-by-step, written instructions accompanied by over 70 digital photos and 14 diagrams of the prototype as it was built.
- Also included in the 42 page instruction manual is a detailed bill of materials.